Search

Food Selection at DFW Flagship

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Food Selection at DFW Flagship

Flyertalkers!
I have been coming every 1 or 2 weeks to the DFW Flagship in Terminal D, given I am flying more than I want to South America (Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires) lately.
I noticed the same food selection (since Dec 2023, I think that I recall)... is this normal?
At the beginning I was skipping my dinner on the plane and getting something here but at this point I am fed up of the selection here. It does sound poor that we have the same food selection over 4 months.

I do not recall the same in the past, but may be me.
Cheers
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:13 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Circusplaza
Flyertalkers!
I have been coming every 1 or 2 weeks to the DFW Flagship in Terminal D, given I am flying more than I want to South America (Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires) lately.
I noticed the same food selection (since Dec 2023, I think that I recall)... is this normal?
At the beginning I was skipping my dinner on the plane and getting something here but at this point I am fed up of the selection here. It does sound poor that we have the same food selection over 4 months.

I do not recall the same in the past, but may be me.
Cheers
Yes, it rarely changes, I'm very fed up with it too, one can only have so much pork chops and bbq salmon
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by S80
Yes, it rarely changes, I'm very fed up with it too, one can only have so much pork chops and bbq salmon
Indeed, I did not want to quote the menu but yes; pork chop, bbq salmon, asparagus, tots and churros... The same pumpkin soup even is not pumpkin season anymore!!
#21stcenturyproblems
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Circusplaza
I noticed the same food selection (since Dec 2023, I think that I recall)... is this normal?Cheers
I hope they're at least reheating it.
dpb132, Hoi polloi, Matt_b and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Yeah, I was in there last Thursday and the menu was pretty much identical to my last visit six weeks ago. I don't expect the menu to change weekly but at least the occasional change or rotation would be welcomed.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I wish it would not be meat +sides once in a while. For a vegetarian, the menu really sucks.
asnovici likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
I wish it would not be meat +sides once in a while. For a vegetarian, the menu really sucks.
Agreed! and Very true for DFW Flagship.
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
Yup. Sadly there are many demographics and identities of people the "great" state of Texas would rather not acknowledge the existence of. Vegetarians are among them.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Thank you! I’m thru there, 2-3 times a month and the food, save the taco bar, is such a turn off. The pork chops are horrible. I hate fish, and why are there churros next to the SW Gnocchi? Even the wedge salad is blah….it never has enough dressing. Back in December? I was able to at least get three tacos at a time, now it’s only two. They’re always slow to change up the menu, but this time seems excessively long. The last menu I recall that had overstayed its welcome included burnt ends… I’d be pretty happy to have those back.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:24 pm

There is a new menu coming. ORD either has it or is about to get it. Next will be DFW
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gophish11
Yup. Sadly there are many demographics and identities of people the "great" state of Texas would rather not acknowledge the existence of. Vegetarians are among them.
True. However, at the same time, I do understand the desire (and need) to cater to the vast majority of the traveling populace. I'd love if the food was more than asparagus and sweet potatoes, but I suspect that most aren't eating just that.

Originally Posted by Tack
and why are there churros next to the SW Gnocchi?
While the placement is odd, at least there are Churros. ​​​​​​​
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 2:29 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by 777lover
There is a new menu coming. ORD either has it or is about to get it. Next will be DFW
Unless something changed post-COVID, each FSL has its own unique menu.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
What’s on offer here for breakfast,will be passing through this week ? Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2024, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by ikwia
Unless something changed post-COVID, each FSL has its own unique menu.
I am talking rollout of new menu — not what did items will be on each. When I saw the HQ folks a few weeks ago, they said Chicago will make a change and then DFW will get their new menu
Old Apr 16, 2024, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I don't even bother anymore. I just turn left from the elevators and head to the Capital One Lounge. Far better and more creative food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.